As many of you know Windows 10 is logging every single step you take while testing it, because i love my privacy and many of you do same here is how to disable it.
- Do not use Express Settings. Hit Customize, and make sure everything is turned off.
- It’s strongly recommended that you use a local account with Windows 10.
- Head to Settings > Privacy, and disable everything, unless there are some things you really need.
- While within the Privacy page, go to Feedback, select Never in the first box, and Basic in the second box.
- Head to Settings > Update and Security > Advanced Options > Choose how updates are delivered, and turn the first switch off.
- Disable Cortana by clicking the Search bar/icon.
- (Optional) Disable web search in Search by going to Settings, and turning off Search online and include web results.
- Open up the Command Prompt by launching cmd as an administrator, and enter the following:
sc delete DiagTrack
sc delete dmwappushservice
echo “” > C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl
- Open up the Group Policy Editor by launching gpedit.msc as an administrator. Go through Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds. Double click Telemetry, hit Disabled, then apply. NOTE: This only truly works in the Enterprise edition, but the final step provides a decent enough workaround for Pro users.
- While still in the Group Policy Editor, go through Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > OneDrive, double click Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage, hit Enabled, then apply.
- Open up the Registry Editor by launching regedit as an administrator. Go through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\DataCollection, select AllowTelemetry, change its value to 0, then apply.
- First, download the Take Ownership tweak and enable it. Then, head to the Hosts File by going through C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc, take ownership of the hosts file, and add the following IPs into it.
EXTRA: Don’t want to see any spaying/annoying advertisement’s ever in the app store and apps? You can add this list to your host file (same action as above)!
Up To You
- Replace Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer with Firefox, Chromium, or any forks/variations of them.
- Replace Windows Media Player with VLC or MPC-HC
- Replace Groove Music with Foobar2000, Winamp, or MusicBee.
- Replace Photos/Windows Photo Viewer with ImageGlass or IrfanView.
- Replace Notepad with Notepad++
Thats all Folks!
I’ve run a test for day all good, but its running under the hood / kernel its very hard to ensure
I have had no system crash or hiccups from this.